The Experience You Need. The Attention You Deserve.
A Car Accident Lawyer Helps Determine Responsibility of Medical Expenses
It is crucial that you hire a car accident lawyer specializing in personal injury who can determine fault and recover any financial losses after an accident, such as medical treatment and expenses. In most cases the party at-fault (or their respective insurance company) is responsible for medical treatment and other related expenses such as lost work and compensation for vehicle damage. The extent of liability for an injury resulting from a car accident can vary based on jurisdiction, which depends upon the type of accident, the type of insurance and what state you live in (a car accident lawyer will be able to assess this for you), as all states have different laws surrounding car accident injury settlements.
If you find yourself in a car accident, there are a few steps to follow. Noland Law Firm has provided this list for your convenience:
– Stay at the scene. Fleeing the scene of an accident is known as “hit and run” and can lead to serious consequences. In almost every state it is illegal to leave the scene when there is property damage or personal injury. Make sure to move your car if it is not in a safe place, but as close to the accident as possible.
– Call 911 for Help, if you are anyone else is injured. If you cannot call, ask someone else to call 911 as soon as possible.
– Check others for injuries. First passengers in your car, then other vehicles.
– Call the Police if there is property damage, but no one is injured. They can help with accident reports for insurance, and help to calm volatile situations.
– Get information from the other driver: name, insurance information (carrier, policy number, agent name and phone number), make/model of the vehicle, license plate number, and driver’s license number.
– Take pictures of all vehicles involved, and significant details pertaining to the accident such as skid marks and other property damage.
– Do not admit guilt, apologize, or discuss responsibility for the accident.
– For accidents with personal injury or serious property damage, speak to a car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
In the meantime medical bills will still be sent. There are various ways to make sure your bills are paid even when waiting on fund recovery from the accident. If you have private or government health insurance your insurer will pay your bills based on your individual policy coverage. Likewise with Medicare/Medicaid or any other state-run health insurance program, you bills will be paid based on policy coverage. If you do not have private health insurance or government/state-run health coverage, you will be responsible to arrange payment options with your health care providers.
If you or your loved one was in a car accident and have suffered from personal injury, contact a car accident lawyer today at Noland Law Firm for a consultation. With over 45 combined years of experience, you are in good hands with a car accident lawyer from Noland Law Firm. Feel free to call us at (816) 781-5055 with any concerns or questions you may have regarding your car accident.