The Experience You Need. The Attention You Deserve.
Contact A Slip And Fall Lawyer For Your Premises Liability Case
You may need to contact a slip and fall lawyer if you or a loved one has been injured in what is known as a premises liability case. Premises liability is determined by the property and the overall building conditions, which are the responsibility of the property owner. Should a person be injured due to poor or unsafe property conditions, the property owner is liable to help pay for claim damages to the injured person.
Some states distinguish between various types of “entrants” to a property such as invitees, licensees, or trespassers. With these statutes, a property owner’s duties vary according to the type of entrant. However, the most common legal standard is “reasonableness under the circumstances” regarding any case and set of circumstances. This is where a slip and fall lawyer who has experience in premises liability can help if you are injured.
To determine who is responsible with a full evaluation of the situation, call your slip and fall lawyer at Noland Law Firm today. The extent of liability various upon the situation so it is best to contact us first.
Here are a few things to remember when or if you are ever in a premises liability accident:
– Take note of your surroundings and the hazard which caused you to fall.
– Try to take photos of the hazard with a camera or mobile phone with photo/video capability to prove evidence of the condition of the property at the time of injury.
– If witnesses are present, ask them for their contact information or for a written statement of the accident from their perspective.
– If you are in a business at the time of the accident, an accident report will be submitted to their insurance. Make sure to get a copy of the accident report for your own records.
– Keep a clear record in the upcoming days/weeks of any medical treatment needed.
– Document any missed days of work due to the result of your injury.
– Contact your slip and fall lawyer to review your case and inform you of the best course of action to receive compensation for suffering and lost wages.
Noland Law Firm’s initial consultations are free, so don’t hesitate to contact us or call us at (816) 781-5055 with any questions you might have regarding your premises liability case, or working with a slip and fall lawyer to make sure you don’t miss the statute of limitation and waive your right to possible compensation.