The Experience You Need. The Attention You Deserve.
If You Are In An Accident
Stay at the scene
- If your car is not in a safe place, move it to a safe place, as close to the accident scene as possible.
Call 911 for help
- Call 911 for help if you/somebody else is injured. If you are unable to call, tell somebody you are injured as soon as possible and ask them to call 911.
Check others for injury
- Check others for injury if you are able. First passengers in your car, then the other vehicles involved. If you haven't already, call 911 for help if any body is hurt.
Call the police if there is property damage, but nobody is injured.
Get information from the other driver(s):
- Insurance information (insurance carrier; policy number; agent name and phone number);
- License plate number;
- Driver's license number;
- Take picture on your cell phone of all information
Get names and contact information from any witnesses.
Take pictures (if you can, or have someone else do it). Photos should include:
- Vehicle damage
- Skid mark pictures
- Pictures of the accident scene, especially pictures showing the vehicles before being moved, if possible.
DO NOT ADMIT GUILT, APOLOGIZE, OR DISCUSS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCIDENT.
- If somebody wants to bring this topic up, don't say anything.
If you or somebody else is injured, or there is serious property damage, you should:
Speak to a lawyer as soon as possible to answer any questions.
You can reach Noland Law Firm, LLC at 816.781.5055
- Answer your questions.
- Help you know what to do next.
Noland Law Firm LLC
34 Westwoods Drive