The Experience You Need. The Attention You Deserve.
Injury Attorney: 5 Mistakes to Avoid After You’ve Been Injured
Do you need an injury attorney? Accidents and injuries happen daily, sometimes things are just unavoidable. There are some things you can do to protect yourself, and mistakes you can avoid making. When these things happen, however, you need a personal injury attorney with experience who will give you the attention you deserve. Contact Noland Law Firm for the expertise and advice you need.
At the Noland Law Firm, we fight for the rights of accident victims in the Kansas City. We also serve clients throughout Blue Springs, Gladstone, Independence, Liberty, Clay County, and throughout the greater Kansas City area. We combine the sophistication of a large legal practice with the personal attention of a small firm. This helps us provide each and every client with exceptional service! If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident resulting from negligence or intentional harm, you may be entitled to receive meaningful compensation. Noland Law Firm’s injury attorney has some general instructions to follow as an injury client:
- Things You Should NOT DO:
- Do not give any statements (written, recorded, or oral) to anyone concerning your accident or injuries without first getting our approval.
- Do not make any incorrect statements about prior injuries or accidents to any doctor who treats or examines you. If you don’t remember, say so.
- Do not change your address or employment without notifying your attorney.
- Things you should REMEMBER:
- Address and Phone: Inform your attorney immediately if any change of address, telephone number, or employment takes place.
- Medical Items: Save all pill bottles, casts, braces, and any other items from your doctors.
- Photographs: Give us any pictures and videos of the accident or accident scene that you or anyone else has taken for you.
- Receipts: Be sure to obtain and save all receipts itemizing any and all expenses you incurred as a result of your accident. Receipts must be dated and contain legible and complete vendor identification.
- New information: Inform us of anything you think has a bearing on the case, including extensive medical treatment or hospitalization.
We understand that every client is special, and every case is unique. A personal injury attorney will take the time to thoroughly investigate your claim and determine the circumstances that led to your injury. We also don’t want you to make any mistakes that could potentially harm your case. Avoid these 5 BIG mistakes that people tend to make:
- Not seeing the doctor if you are in pain.
- Not doing what your doctor tells you.
- Not keeping your doctor’s appointments.
- Discussing your case with anyone other than your attorney or your doctor.
- Failing to tell your doctor about medical problems due to the accident.
If you were injured in an accident and need a personal injury attorney to advocate for your case, contact us today online to schedule your free consultation, or feel free to call us at (816) 781-5055 with any questions regarding your injury case. With Noland Law Firm on your side, you’re in great hands.