The Experience You Need. The Attention You Deserve.
Injury Attorney On The Five Big Mistakes Post-Injury
Your injury attorney at Noland Law Firm knows that recovery after an accident is strenuous physically and emotionally, and mistakes can be made that might hurt your case and future settlement. There are many mistakes that can happen after your injury, but here are the five big mistakes injury clients make, that can adversely affect their settlement and compensation:
1. Not seeing the doctor if you are in pain: Your injury attorney is focused on recovering compensation for the pain and suffering you have endured. Not going to the doctor when you are in pain is a good way to prove, instead, that you are not hurting. If you are in pain and you do not see a doctor, the insurance company and the jury will not believe you’re in pain either, which can determine the outcome of your case.
2. Not doing what your doctor tells you: Always do what your doctor tells you, and keep up with any physical therapy and medications needed. If you are unsure of your doctor’s plan for your health, please contact your injury attorney to help determine if a second opinion is needed.
3. Not keeping your doctor’s appointments: There is never a reason or excuse to miss a doctor’s appointment. By missing an appointment, you are saying to the doctor and insurance company that you aren’t hurt enough for it to matter. This may harm your claim. Each time you visit the doctor and report that you are still in pain, your doctor creates a detailed record of your pain history within your personal patient chart. This is necessary for your case.
4. Failing to tell your doctor about medical problems due to the accident: Likewise, if you fail to tell your doctor about further medical problems due to the accident, it may affect your claim and future compensation. Even making an appointment to determine if your current symptoms are related to the accident is important, and so is your health.
5. Discussing your case with anyone other than your attorney: It is wise for you to not discuss your case with anyone except your injury attorney and doctor(s). If an insurance company, including your own, wishes to discuss your case, please refer them directly to your injury attorney. The attorneys at Noland Law Firm will act as your advocate as you recover.
No one expects to be in an accident, but if it happens, an injury attorney at Noland Law Firm is here to help you. We fight for the rights of injury victims all over the Kansas City Metro Area, and are taking on new clients in Liberty, MO, as well as North Kansas City, Gladstone, Raytown, Independence, and Blue Springs. With over 45 years of combined experience, our attorneys have been dedicated to representing injury victims. Contact us today for a free consultation, or call us at (816) 781-5055 for any questions regarding your case.