The Experience You Need. The Attention You Deserve.
Personal Injury Attorney: A Key Advocate For Your Case
Consulting with a personal injury attorney is beneficial if you have been injured on someone else’s property. No one expects to be injured in accident, but thousands of people are injured while on other people’s properties each year and having an advocate is key. Many lives are suddenly changed as victims are often left with long-lasting pain and suffering (which in some cases can change an individual’s ability to work), significant medical expenses, and emotional harm.
Furthermore, consequences can be worsened when an accident is caused through negligence by the property owner. All property owners have a duty to provide a safe environment to visitors. If you are injured while on someone else’s property here are a few things to remember:
– Take note of the surroundings and the hazard which caused you to fall.
– If you have a camera or mobile phone with photo capturing ability, try to take photos of the hazard as this may serve as evidence of the condition of the property at the time of injury.
– If there are any witnesses, ask for their contact information or a written statement of the accident from their perspective.
– If you are in a business setting, the business will probably require that you submit an accident report at the time of the incident. Be sure to retain a copy of this report for your records.
– In the upcoming days and weeks, keep clear records of any medical treatment needed and document any missed work which occurred as a result of your injury.
– Most importantly, contact a personal injury attorney who can review your case and inform you of the best course of action to receive compensation for your suffering and lost wages.
You might be wondering if you have a strong enough case, and that is where a personal injury attorney at Noland Law Firm can help. A strong case depends on many factors including the nature and extent of your injuries, who is at fault, how long ago the accident occurred, and if you have any lasting effects that can impede or halt your ability to work. They will look over your case carefully to determine the best course of action as each case is different.
When choosing a personal injury attorney, the team at Noland Law Firm has over 45 years of combined experience, and are dedicated to helping you. With the benefit of a large legal practice combined with the personal attention of a small firm, we fight for the rights of personal injury victims. Contact us today for a free consultation, or feel free to call us at (816) 781-5055 with any questions you may have regarding your personal injury case.