The Experience You Need. The Attention You Deserve.
No one expects to be injured in an accident, but thousands of people are injured in Missouri each year. When this happens you need a personal injury lawyer with the experience you need who will give you the attention you deserve. Many lives are suddenly changed as victims are often left with long-lasting pain and suffering, significant medical expenses, and emotional harm. The consequences can be worsened when an accident is caused by the negligent or reckless conduct of others.
At the Noland Law Firm, we fight for the rights of accident victims in the Kansas City metropolitan area. We also serve clients throughout Blue Springs, Gladstone, Independence, Liberty, Clay County, and throughout the greater Kansas City area. We combine the sophistication of a large legal practice with the personal attention of a small firm, which helps us provide each and every client with exceptional service. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident resulting from negligence or intentional harm, you may be entitled to receive meaningful compensation.
Personal Injury Lawyer - Experience That Counts
When choosing a personal injury lawyer our team has over 45 years of combined experience, having tried over 200 civil and criminal jury trials and over 40 cases in the appellate courts. Our attorneys have received a number of awards, including:
- Influential Appellate Advocate 2015 - Missouri Lawyers Weekly
- Lon O. Hocker Trial Advocacy Award 2016
The trial and appellate practice at Noland Law Firm is dedicated to representing injury victims and their loved ones in a wide range of personal injury claims, including:
- Automobile accidents - these are the most common causes of personal injury, but many victims never receive the full value of their claims. Our attorneys are highly adept negotiators who routinely obtain significant compensation from insurance companies.
- Truck Accidents - Missouri is a gateway of commercial transportation. Trucks and tractor-trailers frequently cause catastrophic accidents. Depending on the circumstances, we pursue claims against trucking companies, drivers and manufacturers.
- Motorcycle Accidents - motorcyclists are at risk of significant injuries arising from collisions with other vehicles. While proving fault in these accidents is challenging, our attorneys have the skills that are essential for building a successful case.
- Slip, trip and fall (premises liability) - all property owners in the state have a duty to provide a safe environment to visitors. We routinely pursue injury claims against residential and commercial property owners as well as municipalities.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect - while most nursing homes and assisted living facilities provide their residents with quality care, the elder care system is plagued by patient abuse and neglect. We are committed to protecting the rights of seniors and their loved ones.
- Medical negligence - a doctor, nurse, hospital, or other medical professional that fails to provide the appropriate standard of care can be held liable for causing harm to a patient.
- Sexual assault and abuse - while those who commit sex offenses can be held criminally liable, victims are also entitled to just compensation for their pain and suffering.
- School and day care assault and abuse - we expect our children to be well cared for, and those who fail to fulfill this obligation and cause harm to children must be held accountable.
- Wrongful death - grieving the loss of a loved one is always painful, but even more so if negligence or malicious intent was the case of death. We provide families with knowledge and compassion during this difficult time.
Dedicated Advocates for Kansas City's Injury Victims
At the Noland Law Firm, we believe that every client is special and every case is unique. A personal injury lawyer will take the time to thoroughly investigate your claim and determine the circumstances that led to your accident. While many personal injury cases are settled in negotiations with insurance companies, we know that insurers are in business to make profits. For this reason, they often try to settle cases quickly, deny claims, or make offers that are worth far less than the full value of a claim.
Your personal injury lawyer will fight for your right to just compensation that also considers future pain and suffering that you may endure. If the insurer fails to make a fair and reasonable offer, we have the trial skills and resources necessary to pursue the case in court. Although insurance companies often rely on teams of attorneys, claims adjusters, and investigators, we are uniquely qualified to level the playing field. By collaborating with a network of medical professionals and other experts, we will work diligently to build a successful case.
The Noland Law Firm will offer you legal knowledge and compassion during your fight for just compensation. Recovering from an injury can be a long and difficult process, and we will be by your side every step of the way. If you were injured in an accident in the Kansas City area and western Missouri, fill out a contact form or call our office today for a free consultation.
Frequently Asked Personal Injury Questions
Whether or not you have a strong case depends on a variety of factors, including the nature and extent of your injuries or property damage, who is at fault and whether the defendant has sizable assets or adequate insurance coverage, and how long ago the accident or injury occurred. An attorney can evaluate your case in light of these and other factors, and give you a realistic assessment of what you can expect.
Absolutely. Even if you have fully recovered from your injuries, you are still entitled to compensation for injuries caused by another’s negligence.
Most personal injury attorneys work on “contingency,” which means that if they agree to take you case, they will take a percentage of the recovery, whether by settlement or a trial verdict. Many advance the court fees and other related expenses, while others expect the client to cover some or all of the costs. If the attorney advances costs, those are reimbursed from your eventual recovery.
This, too, depends on many factors. Most cases settle prior to trial, but if a settlement is not reached, your case will progress through discovery and trial which can take a year or longer in many jurisdictions. Additionally, you may not want to resolve your case too quickly if you are still seeking medical treatment and all of the related expenses have not yet been calculated.
Your attorney will take care of all of the legal aspects of your case. You may be asked to participate in discovery by answering written questions or giving oral testimony in a deposition. If your case goes to trial, you will likely be expected to appear in court. Throughout the duration of your case, you must obtain appropriate medical care and make your doctor, physical therapy, or other appointments.
Noland Law Firm LLC
34 Westwoods Drive