The Experience You Need. The Attention You Deserve.
Personal Injury Lawyer: Why Following Doctors Orders is Important!
A personal injury lawyer with Noland Law Firm, LLC, provides legal representation for people in the Kansas City area claiming private or civil wrongs or injuries. Our personal injury lawyer is a legal professional who will provide legal representation to individuals who have suffered injuries or damages due to the negligence, recklessness, or intentional actions of another person or entity. A personal injury lawyer should be contacted as soon as possible if you or your loved one is a victim with long-lasting pain and suffering, significant medical expenses, and emotional harm.
Any personal injury lawyer at Noland Law Firm LLC will tell you that if you were seriously injured in an accident and are having problems with insurance claims, you should contact us immediately. We make it easy for you to understand your rights and legal options in order for you to make informed decisions on how best to proceed. Here are some situations in which it may be appropriate to seek the advice of a personal injury lawyer:
- Car Accidents: If you have been injured in a car accident that was caused by another driver’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: If you were injured due to a slip and fall on someone else’s property, you may be able to file a claim against the property owner for failing to maintain safe premises.
- Medical Malpractice: If you have suffered injuries or damages due to medical malpractice, such as a surgical error, misdiagnosis, or medication error, you may have a claim.
- Product Liability: If you have been injured due to a defective product, you may be able to file a product liability claim against the manufacturer or seller of the product.
- Dog Bites: If you have been bitten or attacked by a dog, you may be able to file a claim against the dog owner for failing to control their pet.
- Workplace Injuries: If you have been injured while on the job, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits or may be able to file a personal injury claim if your injury was caused by a third party.
If you are injured, you should not have to pay for medical expenses due negligence, recklessness, or carelessness. Many lives are suddenly changed as personal injury victims are often left with exorbitant medical bills and insurance claim disputes. You need a personal injury lawyer to help guide you through the process of dealing with insurance claims and medical expenses. Throughout the process of your claim, you will meet with several doctors who will evaluate your situation and report back to your attorney. It is VERY important to follow these doctors advice and regulations. It is important to follow your doctor’s advice and treatment plan in a personal injury case for several reasons:
- Your health and well-being: The primary reason to follow your doctor’s advice is to ensure that you make a full and complete recovery from your injuries. Failing to follow the doctor’s advice could prolong your recovery or even result in further injury.
- Legal evidence: Medical records are important evidence in a personal injury case. If you do not follow your doctor’s advice, the defendant’s lawyers may argue that your injuries were not as severe as you claimed, or that you were partly responsible for your injuries.
- Insurance company negotiations: The insurance company may try to use your failure to follow medical advice as a reason to deny or reduce your claim.
- Settlement or trial: If your case goes to trial, your doctor’s testimony will be crucial to proving the extent of your injuries and their impact on your life. If you did not follow their advice, it could weaken your case.
We will take the time to thoroughly investigate your claim and determine the circumstances that led to your injury. Your personal injury lawyer will fight for your right to fair compensation. Recovery from an injury can be a long and difficult process, and we will be by your side every step of the way. If you or your loved one is a personal injury victim, contact us today to schedule a consultation, or feel free to call us at (816) 781-5055 with any questions you have regarding hiring a personal injury lawyer in these areas Liberty, Gladstone, Kansas City, Kearney, Excelsior Springs, Missouri City, Sugar Creek, and Independence.